Bored with the current gig, the ick to start something where i can contribute significantly. Partially because of the fact that its been 3 yrs as a developer and i haven’t created something on my own, seems just wrong.
Love reading new things about tech, following n number of blogs is tedious.
What do i read?
- Richer blogs ranging from – Ars technica, OmgUbuntu, Highscalability.
- More Specific like – engineering blogs from tech companies.
- Github/Gitlab/(pick your scm site)
Yet another news feed aggregator. Fuck No!!
What can be done here?
- Filtering through the noise, awesome content often gets missed.
- Notification to events on these site are often very obfuscated or missing entirely. Maybe overdo it and add channels like pagerduty??
- Recognize interests on general and deliver relevant content from all sources.
Often content discovery happens by following people/tags, this setup is tedious on each of the sources and often not in sync.
Okay, So what is the aim here(if at all there is something)?
A single place to get relevant content as a developer, notified of all important stuff and follow topics at one place.
Getting into design a lot lately, so why not lets design this first.
Hope this doesn’t become another ghost-town project.